Thursday, December 13, 2007

Trip Down Memory Lane

I believe this photo is over 10 years old. It's original format is a slide. For whatever reason the image still speaks to me, so I thought it would be fun to share it.

Besides the obvious juxtaposition of nature beautifying a graffitied city building, it also reminds me of a quote about happiness:

"Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2007 1:39 PM, Blogger O Mama Mia said...

Wow. Both speak volumes.
That is one of the best quotes I've heard in quite awhile & so needed in the commercialized madness that has become this time of year.

 
At December 19, 2007 3:31 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Hey Jess, I'm pleased to hear that the quote resonated with you and that you enjoyed the photo. :) I hope you make it to the 25th. :) I think I'm looking forward to the post-Christmas "let down," because it may just afford me a moment of PEACE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home