Friday, November 09, 2007

Bad Duck, Bad Duck . . .


Watcha gonna do? Yep, I promised a mugshot or two of this little clown & his trusty side-kick. They are a little more personable than my other ducks, which means they will come right up to your face when you get the camera trained on them. Oh well, what would you expect from a clown? My mom helped me name them. They are known and notorious as Punch & Judy.

They are fawn & white runner ducks. Runners rival chickens in terms of egg production, whereas most ducks fall below the production rate of chickens. However, runner ducks typically do not have maternal instincts and will therefore not set their own eggs. To get another generation you either have to let another bird (like a chicken, goose, or duck) set the eggs or incubate them yourself.
These are the only ducks I have that will eat out of my hand. The others outgrew that when they became sexually mature. Punch and Judy are generally amiable and don't mind being picked up (unlike my other ducks) however, they are very loud and ornery when they don't get their way.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 14, 2007 10:41 AM, Blogger O Mama Mia said...

awww... but they're so cute! Ya can't stay mad for long, now, can ya?

 
At November 16, 2007 3:11 PM, Blogger Jade said...

LOL. They are cute. And they are ultimately more silly than annoying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home