Friday, February 09, 2007

Valentime


Happy, Happy Valentine’s Day to you all!

I made these festive truffles for my friends & family. It’s a shame I can’t share them with you all as well.

I couldn’t help but make a list of the things I most hate about Valentine’s day:

  • People who send flowers to their significant others at work or school (no one needs to see that sh!+)
  • For that matter, PDAs (get a room)
  • Cut flowers -- instead buy your love a plant s/he can cherish for YEARS to come
  • Sappy “journey pendants” and miscellaneous other romantic themed jewelry
  • And last, but by no means least, Valentine’s Day menus at restaurants

Hey, they don’t call me jaded for nothing.

What I WILL endorse is a romantic dinner at home with candles, your mutually favorite CDs, perhaps a bottle of wine or champagne, etc. . . . oh and don’t forget the chocolates!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 11, 2007 10:51 PM, Blogger . said...

Thanks Jade, now I'm craving sugar. Looks delish!

I would add to your list Hallmark for the most impersonal words of endearment.

 
At February 13, 2007 10:38 AM, Blogger Susan from Food Blogga said...

Hey, if you really want to share those delightful truffles, the US Postal System has pretty good rates....

Wishing you a VD sans "journey pendants." :)

 
At February 13, 2007 6:09 PM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Looks wonderful!

Happy Valetines day! Prince Charming gave me a rose that plays, "Wild Thing" to make me smile. I loved it! And it will never die!

 
At February 14, 2007 1:49 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Thank you, Jeff, I don't see how I could have forgotten the pre-packaged sentiments of Hallmark. Perhaps because, for the most part, I don't give or recieve dead tree greetings. Consider it added to my list!

Ah, Susan, you bring up a good point. Though I've been skeptical about mailing food since we endured all those Anthrax scares. And thank you for the V Day wishes. My husband was very sweet and bought me a CD that I really, really wanted, but had only just discovered. I hope you were given something of great beauty or divine flavor to make your day special as well!

And Twisted Cinderella, what a great name. Something tells me that your "Wild Thing" rose was a very fitting gift. I'm glad you've found a romantic Prince Charming. Hang on to that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home