Friday, January 08, 2010

Little Cups of Chocolate


It seems like it is always during the shortest days of the year that I get an overwhelming craving for chocolate and find myself with an inexplicable shortage of chocolate bars in the cupboard. My solution is easy and completely satisfying -- Chocolate Pots de Creme
1 cup cream or half-n-half
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
Heat cream with chocolate until chocolate melts.
Slowly pour half the chocolate mixture into egg yolks.
Return everything back to the pan and heat for 2 minutes.
Stir in vanilla and immediately pour into dessert cups.
You can top it with whipped cream, etc. if you like.
For those who have followed this blog, I have a lot of explaining to do. I know. I decided to take a sabbatical from blogging last year. I didn't really plan for it to be an entire year, though. 2009 was, in a word, brutal. May 2010 be a much merrier year for all!


Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 13, 2010 12:41 PM, Blogger Shaheen said...

Ooh they look lush. Theres a restaurant in Scotland that makes something similar but with a hint of rosemary.

Wishing 2010 is good for you.

 
At January 13, 2010 2:34 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Hi mangocheeks. I find it very interesting that you mentioned the rosemary. I have considered putting rosemary in chocolate before, but never dared! I may just have to give it a try now.

Thank you, I wish you a wonderful 2010 as well! :)

 
At January 14, 2010 12:29 PM, Blogger Sally said...

I just made these today, it was so simple! I had some toasted, chopped hazelnuts on hand and I plopped them right into each cup. Yummy!!

 
At January 14, 2010 2:48 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Hi Sally! Hazelnuts sound like a wonderful addition. I bet it was good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home